... So that You may be kept informed

Qld: Son sees father electrocuted

23 Dec 2008 6:09 PM

BRISBANE, Dec 23 AAP - An 11-year-old boy has watched his father be electrocuted while trying to retrieve a kite caught in power lines.

Bora Station grazier Matthew Simon Kersh (Kersh) was at a party at neighbouring Sarre Station, 70km south of Richmond, in northwest Queensland, with his wife an four children on Monday night, police said.

The 42-year-old is reported to have used a metal pole in a bid to retrieve a kite that had become entangled in power lines connected to the house.

Others started CPR but could not revive the farmer.

Police say his death is being investigated by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.